Sunday, April 28, 2013

NEW MEXICO, TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, ARKANSAS, ILLINOIS

Couldn't resist sharing this Roswell, N.M. postcard
As I drove through the Texas panhandle, I  saw the sign, the BEEF CAPITAL OF THE WORLD identifying Hereford, Texas -- and then thousands of cattle and huge quantities of grain bins.

Some of the many grain bins seen

Cute signs found at an Oklahoma Rest Area in the pet area:
Fire hydrant with City Dog sign
Tree trunk for Country Dogs
WalMart - Forest City, Arkansas
Saturday night, I parked at a WalMart in Arkansas, after I rejected a campground in Brinkley, Arkansas that was located behind a Motel 6.  As tired as I was, their electric looked questionable (and no WiFi), so I drove on and stayed at a WalMart -- no electric, no WiFi -- no charge. Hey, and it had  a much better view.
View from 888 at WalMart

 It's Sunday night and I'm enjoying Camp Lakewood in Effingham, Illinois -- love this campground and this is the perfect campsite -- with a deck and it overlooks Lake Pauline.
Campsite #19 - Mac's hammock is ready for him
Tomorrow, I'm driving to, and staying at, Kankakee State Park where I'll have a chance to get 888 organized and things packed up for Chicago, before driving back on Tuesday -- my time in Texas and these past two weeks have been fantastic and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat...even Mac wags his tail at RVing now...

No comments:

Post a Comment