Sunday, April 21, 2013

FREDERICKSBURG - DAY 3

Sculpture at Herb Farm


I took these three photos at the Herb Farm, outside of town, this morning:
Blue Flax
Hyssop

St. Mary's Catholic Church is a "painted church" 
Locked my bicycle in courthouse parking lot again
Was disappointed to learn that the Pioneer Museum Complex (3.5 acres of early German structures and artifacts) and the Vereins Kirche Museum  (Society's Church) were both closed on Sunday.  What better way to overcome disappointment, then to go to lunch -- I had a a draft beer, a delicious east coast crab cake, and this pecan, cranberry bread pudding dessert; I became a happy tourist again.
Bread pudding with pecans, cranberries and yummy sauce
I'd recommend Buffalo Nickel--my lunch was delicious
National Museum of the Pacific War
National Museum of the Pacific War tickets are valid for 48 hours – because to view/hear the heroic, triumphant, and tragic story of WWII in the Pacific easily takes over 4 hours.  I almost didn't go to the Museum after attending the reenactment yesterday--glad I did.
Two-Thousand-Yard Stare by Tom Lea.
Look at an infantryman's eyes and you can tell how much war he has seen.

Broadcasted propaganda for the Japanese 
Site 18 at Fredericksburg RV Park was convenient.  It had the best shower set up:
six separate rooms each with a toilet, sink, shower, chair, etc. ceramic tiled walls/floor
Tomorrow, decided to check out Enchanted Rock -- the second largest outcropping of granite in USA and do the Willow Loop -- they are both nearby.  I'll then start my drive to Carlsbad Caverns -- so probably won't have WiFi for a few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment