Sunday, February 17, 2013

GALVESTON TO HOUSTON



 
Decided to visit Galveston’s Farmer’s Market Sunday morning before driving to Houston.  I arrived at 9 a.m., when it opened, to be sure I’d find parking. Bought organic grapefruit and carrots (yes some carrots are purple).  
Garden gloves were a gift from one of the vendors.  Couldn’t believe I heard my name called and turned around to see Ginger (the woman who gave me a lift a few days ago). Small world isn’t it.

I also bought a pack of “Mud Cookies.” The vendor explained many Haitians reduce hunger by eating dirt. The pack of Mud Cookies (Chokola Raw) I bought will provide a child in Haiti a day of school and a meal.

Glad my drive to Houston was on Sunday morning – traffic kept moving and my wonderful GPS located LakeView RV Resort without a hitch.  




My campsite, #81, overlooks a 4-acre lake and the showers are outstanding (unlike the showers in Galveston—which I consider an all-time worst).

I'll try out Houston's bus/train transportation tomorrow morning -- wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment