Friday, February 22, 2013

BACK FROM AN AMAZING 10 DAYS

Two Scotties check each other out
On my drive back to Pharr, I stopped at a Rest Stop and saw a Scottie; so I jumped out of 888, leased up Mac, and we walked over to meet Duncan.  His owner is a truck driver so he doesn't have easy access to a groomer, so Duncan's fur is a tad long -- and Duncan is a very large Scottie.  Mac is at the groomer as I type this...

Yesterday, I had planned on stopping in Corpus Christi for the night so I could do some sightseeing there. I decided, however, to drive straight back to Pharr because seeing Corpus Christi's ship, their aquarium, their beach, their art museum, their botanical gardens and zoo -- didn't excite me after my wonderful Galveston and Houston experiences plus what I have in Chicago.  I was totally content to settle back into Tip O'Texas. 

My experiences in both Galveston and Houston were wonderful -- the people, the public transportation of each city plus the great food, beaches, art and science museums, antiques, birding, historical artifacts, etc., etc. made the past ten days great, great memories.  And I'd recommend both RV parks -- SandPiper and LakeView.






No comments:

Post a Comment